Sign in to follow this  
Wumpus

Farming The Fisherman's Guide to The Seas (How to fish).

The Fisherman's Guide to the Seas

Updated on 9/9/2017

- A guide on how to fish -

Hello! My name is Wumpus, and on my free time I like to fish.

I recently discovered that I could sell these fish and make mulaa. Mulaa is a cool term for money.

Now I know many of us struggle to make money here on the crime-ridden lands of Altis, and my personal belief is that fishing is a super fun, great way to make some spending cash. All from the comfort of the first clothes you ever bought on the server.

You should make anywhere from $200-300k or more per run of fish.

- Required Gear and Vehicles -

Um.. All you really need is uh.. a backpack and a boat.

1. You can wear whatever backpack you want.

2. You can use all boats, the cheapest boat is the Assault boat (looks like a Zodiac), however the RHIB carries the most. The RHIB does require the Apex DLC, and will make a larger dent in your bank account.

So basically you can start fishing the moment you join the game, and it only takes about $5k to begin your career.

- Steps -

After rounding up your gear, you can go and begin fishing.

1. Buy a boat.

2. Sail your boat out anywhere into the ocean, I typically hang around in either of the Kavala bay's, the ones with the large blue fishing vessels in them.

3. Scroll wheel when stopped, going 0km/h. 

4. Click "Drop Fishing Net"

5. The fishing net will come back up, and whatever fish you catch will show up in your Y inventory.

6. Hit T, and put all the fish in your inventory into the inventory of the boat.

7. Rinse and repeat steps 3 through 6 until boat is full.

8. When the boat is filled, take it to the Fish Market on the Northern Kavala beach, just next to Kastro (the Castle).

9. Unload your boat into your Y inventory and run back and forth until you sell all the fish.

- Tips -

A few tips that can help you get a better catch!

1. All fish caught are physically visible, you will be able to see into the water and see the fish below you, so you can move around in the water until you find a larger pod of fish.

2. You can sell fish at Joe's Crab Shack as well.

3. You can also go on shellfish runs (King Crab, Shrimp, etc.) which requires you to be in a specific area, and a shellfish license.

• Like 4

Question: I went fishing with my friend, and I used him as bait can I get a comp request for my dead friend? Anyway I have a lot of fish for sale, some of it may be questionable whether edible or not.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2017 at 5:48 PM, Boboduflachi said:

Do I need a shellfish license for shrimp?

Indeed

2 hours ago, PhantomL0rd said:

whats the best ''fish'' to make money with? like shellfish or?

The market fluctuates constantly, depending on what fish are in supply or demand. Tuna typically starts out as the most profitable fish, but the more you sell tuna, the more the price will go down and the more other fish will go up.

Example: Sell Mackerel by the tons, Tuna prices go up and become the most profitable.

As a note, I recommend against doing any kind of fishing that requires processing (shellfish), while they can be more profitable, it takes lots more time to do so with logistics and processing time.

I normally like to start off selling all of the common fish, then go and sell the Tuna and other rare fish until the common are high in price again.

13 hours ago, Wumpus said:

The market fluctuates constantly, depending on what fish are in supply or demand. Tuna typically starts out as the most profitable fish, but the more you sell tuna, the more the price will go down and the more other fish will go up.

Example: Sell Mackerel by the tons, Tuna prices go up and become the most profitable.

As a note, I recommend against doing any kind of fishing that requires processing (shellfish), while they can be more profitable, it takes lots more time to do so with logistics and processing time.

I normally like to start off selling all of the common fish, then go and sell the Tuna and other rare fish until the common are high in price again.

Thank you, will be more smart in game :)):)

• Like 1

Id like to add that you could also stock up on Selama and Ornate, then stock up on Mullet and Mackrel, and store the mack and mullet in your hemmet zamack whatever, and keep the selema and ornate in your boat once you have around 200 of each sell all of your ornate, wait for the market to bounce back and instantly sell selema, this will drop the ornate price to around 200, and selama to 3,500+. Once both fish are sold bring your vehicle of choice up to the market person. And start selling mackrel as fast as you can so you can get the most money. Then wait 45sec-1min then start selling your mullet. I found with this way you can make an easy 1-2 mill in about an hour or 2 of fishing. (Times vary on how lucky you get when fishing)

• Like 2

On 13/09/2017 at 0:39 AM, ABC onempotopea said:

Id like to add that you could also stock up on Selama and Ornate, then stock up on Mullet and Mackrel, and store the mack and mullet in your hemmet zamack whatever, and keep the selema and ornate in your boat once you have around 200 of each sell all of your ornate, wait for the market to bounce back and instantly sell selema, this will drop the ornate price to around 200, and selama to 3,500+. Once both fish are sold bring your vehicle of choice up to the market person. And start selling mackrel as fast as you can so you can get the most money. Then wait 45sec-1min then start selling your mullet. I found with this way you can make an easy 1-2 mill in about an hour or 2 of fishing. (Times vary on how lucky you get when fishing)

Sounds great, I might have to try it out! 👍