Followers 0
Diovin Twigg

Diovin Twigg - 17 - CA App

11 posts in this topic

Usual In-Game Names:
[3-02] Diovin Twigg, Swedish Fish

Current Age:

How Long Have You Been Playing On The Server?:
A little over 2 months I believe. I started playing on this server in early June and quickly joined the APD after about 2 weeks. Ever since then I’ve been playing for around 5-10 hours a day up until recently since school has started. I’m now only on for about 3-5 hours most days.

What Other Servers Have You Played On?:
I don’t think I’ve played on other life servers regularly like I have on this one. I know for a fact that when I first got arma I tried another server but I didn’t stick around for long. After that I took a break from life servers and mostly just played single player, and eventually I got bored with the game. After about a year, I tried arma life servers again over summer break. I don’t remember the server but I played for about 2 weeks for around 8 hours a day, but once again I had to stop eventually because I started working in a research lab that took most my time away from me. Then once again about a year later I started playing on this server. I’ve stuck around ever since because I enjoyed the server and its community, and it’s given me a really fun new hobby.

How Much Time Can You Dedicate to Being a CA?:
I’m hoping I’ll be able to dedicate at least 3-5 hours a day on weekdays, and around 8 hours on weekends. I’m a senior in high school and I’m already starting to apply for colleges, so my time is probably going to be limited. However, I’ve always been able to balance my school and personal life, and I think I’ll be great at finding time to do what I enjoy.

Are You a Cop or Medic On The Server?:
I'm a Current Cop.

Do You Have a Microphone or a Headset?:
I Have a Mic and Headphones.

Do You Have Teamspeak 3 Installed With Push To Talk Setup?:
Yes to Both.

Are You Able to Properly Communicate in English?:

Yes, I was born in the US and I grew up speaking English. I can clearly communicate in English both through my writing and my speech. Throughout my HS career I’ve taken entirely honors and AP English courses. I am also currently taking my 4th year of Latin which has improved my understanding of English greatly.

Are You Patient? (Provide an Example):

Absolutely, patience is a quality that I’ve always considered to be one of the most important skills. Here’s a few examples:

I’m currently a senior field training officer on the server’s police force. As an FTO I am responsible for helping to train cadets and help them learn our rules and become good cops. Whenever teaching new people, not everyone moves at the same pace, and it’s very important to teach to their level and speed. Sometimes people might make a great cop, but they learn a little slower, or are not as confident and take extra reassurance. Instead of giving up on them it’s important to do your absolute best to take your time and figure out how to help them best. I’ve also recently become a flight instructor, and I love helping to teach people how to fly so they can get their certifications. There was one time, before I was even an instructor, where I sat down with an officer for around an hour and a half just doing the same thing over and over, giving him tips and constructive criticism to help him improve.

A real life example is that I volunteer at a local science museum every week for two and a half hours. I help to teach people of all different ages about the exhibits. Sometimes people pick up things really fast and are eager to learn about everything, but there are also people that are slower and less interested. Despite this, part of my job is to keep people interested in the exhibits and to get them interested in science. This can take a lot of patience, but is also very rewarding when you get to make people happy and excited about something I love.

Are You Sociable / Can you Mediate?:

Absolutely once again. Admittedly I can be a little on the quiet side when it comes to meeting new people, especially when it's an unfamiliar setting, but since I’ve been here for a little while now I feel really comfortable interacting with the people in this community. I am very talkative when it comes to things I enjoy, and I genuinely like interacting with people who share similar interests.

When it comes to mediation I feel like I can also do this very well. When I was a sophomore in school I participated in a program at my school to help welcome incoming freshmen. Part of the responsibilities was to help them feel welcome, but also to help them fix any problems they had with the school or other people. One of the most common things that I would have to help my freshmen with was problems between other students or teachers. There was one really great experience I had where a student felt that he was not able to properly communicate with his English teacher, and he always felt unfairly treated. After talking to the student about it for a little bit, he agreed to meet me and the teacher after school to talk about it. I addressed the teacher and told her what the student had told me and of course it all just turned out to be a misunderstanding between the two of them. We chatted for about half an hour. At the beginning the tone was a very nervous and strict, but towards the end the student had gotten to learn about the teacher and they were much more amiable towards each other.

I’m also a Corporal on the APD which requires situational awareness to be a supervisor. When I’m on I have to assign people where to go, what situations to respond to, help keep comms clear, etc. I’d say this is good mediation experience because often things can pop up or people may want to input their own opinion, and you have to balance all of it and use all the information to decide what the best course of action is.

Do You Have Experience as Staff On Another Server?:

Back in my Arma 2 days I was involved with two different servers. I played on an invade and annex type server for the majority of my time. It’s been a few years so to be honest I forget the name of the server, but basically out of the blue I was asked by the staff if I wanted to be a moderator since they liked me and I played a lot. I accepted, so I basically just got to moderate the server while I was on and make sure chat was civil, people weren’t trolling, cheating, etc.

I also played on a Zargabad Life server called Global Chaos for a few months. This server was one of the few non toxic servers I had found on Arma 2, so I quickly joined the community. The size was much smaller, probably about 25% of Easy’s, but it was still a ton of fun. As the server started to shrink due to the release of Arma 3, moderators started to leave the community, and so in about the last month of the server’s life, I was asked if I wanted to be a moderator. Once again I accepted, but to be honest the server was already dying and it didn’t stay around for long after that.

Can You Be Neutral?:

I definitely believe I can be neutral. I know that when trying to help people, especially those in conflict, it’s important to remain neutral and look at both sides equally. One thing that has always helped me be neutral in any situation, is to stick to a script of types. For me it helps when I have a method I use to approach any situation and avoid subjectivity.

What Makes You the Right Choice?:

I believe I’m the right choice for a couple of reasons. I’m very active on the server spending most my free time either on the ts or server. I also have quickly fallen in love with the community, especially the APD. With big public servers, it is very easy to be full of toxic players, but I feel like this server has done a great job keeping that to a minimum. I want to help keep this server amazing and fun for everyone by doing my best to help.

Do You Have Any References?:

Sharkbait, Hancock, Dusty

5 people like this

+1

+1

+1 

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1