Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Polar

Armed Air Vehicles

I just wanted to bring this topic up on the forums and get the communities opinions. 

Back in Late May s1k put out a patch which removed Homing Missiles/Lock on missiles. 

But it also removed the rocket pods from the Kajman, Xian and removed other things such as GBU's on jets. I sort of understand why he would do this, but i don't personally believe that Skyfires and other sorts of armament were as big of a issue as the lock on's. Back then people could be a few km out and just launch DAGRs at you without a fair fighting chance. But now the Kajman and other vehicles are limited down to 30mm and 20mm cannons. With the price ranged from anywhere to 12million - 20million. I believe that maybe the Kajman, and Xian should get skyfires back. People might bring up the fact of balancing the fights, but i think when you have a total of 400k-500k of gear that can shoot down a $15,000,000 helicopter down with 1-2 AA missiles. I think it would be fair for non-lock on missiles to be returned. Another thing people might bring up is that "You don't need to have armed vehicles". A big part of this game is warfare, not only roleplay. I'm sure plenty of people buy this game not only to play Altis life, but they also buy it to fly around in Jets with GBU's, or Mi-48s and have lots of fun. And what couldn't be more fun when you can mix warfare (not full out warfare) and roleplay into one game.

I didn't put hours of editting and thought into that whole rant. Just some opinions i had. I would like everybody to share their opinions, but what i dont want is this to turn into a full out forums war. So please keep this post a peaceful place for debate. - Polar

• Like 2

As one of the people on the server who is probably at the receiving end of armed aircraft more then most, I actually agree.

The guided missiles did give a bit of an over powered advantage, but unguided missiles as he mentioned above are much more difficult to use and don't offer the pilot that same "end the threat" button as say a DAGR does.

+1

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, South Africa said:

As one of the people on the server who is probably at the receiving end of armed aircraft more then most, I actually agree.

The guided missiles did give a bit of an over powered advantage, but unguided missiles as he mentioned above are much more difficult to use and don't offer the pilot that same "end the threat" button as say a DAGR does.

+1

Yeah, my biggest issue with the armed vehicles is that you are paying an incredible amount for 20-30mm cannons.

• Like 1

I think that the fighter jets should have several rocket pods or a SHIT ton of cannon rounds considering how useless they are and how over priced they are anyone else agree? Just my thoughts though

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, I.Naumann said:

id much prefer if we talked about being able to insure helicopters like ghosthawks or orcas that only use 6.5mm gau's

Any armed vehicle that can be insured is likely to be spammed because you don't have any risk in taking it out. Especially air vehicles where no one would even bother to auto rotate if they knew it would just come back 

but... ghosthawks atleast dude... I mean its basically just a transport with a little defense...

I mean we can insure the armed offroad...

Edited by I.Naumann

9 minutes ago, I.Naumann said:

but... ghosthawks atleast dude... I mean its basically just a transport with a little defense...

I mean we can insure the armed offroad...

If someone shoots the guy out of the armed off-road the off-road can be seized or chopped. If people could insure ghosthawks then you would see them constantly at airdrops and cities because they know there is no risk. Ghosthawks are super super cheap anyway

4 minutes ago, I.Naumann said:

for you... bro... ive got like 200k

Not to be mean bro but that's on you. There are too many fun and rewarding ways to make money on the server that you really have to make an effort to be poor.

ONE gang hideout capture can make you 200k

not to mention how lucrative fishing and drugs can be. Hell and Olive run at the beginning of a restart can give you 500k in 17 min

either way, your reply about the offroad insurance is null considering the prowler cannot be insured, nor can the Caesar (which is an unarmed plane)

PREPATCH:   Kajmin with Dars and Dagrs = 8 mill

POSTPATCH: Kajmin with no rockets = 15 mill

Doesnt make sense at all. I fully support adding NONLOCKON missles to them again. GBU's are a bit different. Those I understand why were taken out ( being a victim of them from dbb was a bit shit )

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dredd / Seagul said:

Doesnt make sense at all. I fully support adding NONLOCKON missles to them again. GBU's are a bit different. Those I understand why were taken out ( being a victim of them from dbb was a bit shit )

I definitely agree... don't get me wrong I love GBU's but on altis life where only the richest of the rich can afford such weaponry...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dredd / Seagul said:

pretty much why i made this post.

I would also like to see non-homing missiles get added back to helicopters, such as Skyfires, however GBUs are just too overpowered for a server like ours.

Maybe just adding more ammo to the cannons on Jets would solve the pricing issue, right now they only have 20 or 30mm cannons, for something that is up to 30 million. Making it spawn with more ammo could be the answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I would also like to see non-homing missiles get added back to helicopters, such as Skyfires, however GBUs are just too overpowered for a server like ours.

Maybe just adding more ammo to the cannons on Jets would solve the pricing issue, right now they only have 20 or 30mm cannons, for something that is up to 30 million. Making it spawn with more ammo could be the answer.

sadly I don't think its possible to increase the ammo... I think bohemia hard set the ammo capacities...

I gotta say honestly when I'm in a war between gangs, sitting in a bush with my AK waiting for the perfect shot I get far more of a thrill than spraying an area they might be in with 24 HE rockets. As rebels on an Altis Life server, the idea is to simulate rebellious/terrorist groups similar to real world terrorist cells. I don't know about you but when was the last time Al Qaeda had reliable access to purchase fully armed attack aircraft and fighter jets, let alone have the training to operate them. 
Yes, Altis life is also about warfare but you don't need a kajman with 24 skyfires to simulate warfare, especially in a roleplay friendly manner. 
The entire point of the vehicles being available at all is a show of status not functionality. They're not supposed to be fair and it's intentional that 500k worth of gear can bring down a 15 mill vehicle. If you could easily defend yourself in such aircraft, you would be unstoppable and all we would end up with is gangs rolling round in kajmans robbing people trying to do apples. Don't try and tell me it wouldn't happen, I've seen it first hand. Basically the usage of a kajman is all bark with no bite. If you want to bite, use strategy, intelligence, tactics, a few AK's and a titan AA for good measure just in case and trust me when I say this; you will have so much more fun if you wipe the cops with nothing but a bunch of katibas instead of strafing the fed with a kajman. It's funny to watch but it gets old real quick and the gimmick wears off. Faster for the cops too. The APD can't respond to a gas station robbery with a wipeout, so try challenging yourselves and do a fed with just some rifles on a fair playing field and over time you'll start to notice some changes.
Firstly, the cops will actually enjoy fighting against you. If you make it a fair fight every time, they're going to enjoy coming to fight you at the fed or in kavala which means they're less likely to just not respond to you, leaving you with nothing to do.
Secondly, you'll enjoy yourselves more. Winning a one sided massacre isn't fun for anybody. You might get a kick out of it and giggle among yourselves about "dude the cops are so trash at this game, we just wipes all 10 cops with a kajman" but I know for a fact you wish you'd actually have a challenge for once, and that starts with you.

TLDR: You don't need skyfires or armed vehicles to have fun. Try it. You'll thank me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Barbosa said:

I gotta say honestly when I'm in a war between gangs, sitting in a bush with my AK waiting for the perfect shot I get far more of a thrill than spraying an area they might be in with 24 HE rockets. As rebels on an Altis Life server, the idea is to simulate rebellious/terrorist groups similar to real world terrorist cells. I don't know about you but when was the last time Al Qaeda had reliable access to purchase fully armed attack aircraft and fighter jets, let alone have the training to operate them. 
Yes, Altis life is also about warfare but you don't need a kajman with 24 skyfires to simulate warfare, especially in a roleplay friendly manner. 
The entire point of the vehicles being available at all is a show of status not functionality. They're not supposed to be fair and it's intentional that 500k worth of gear can bring down a 15 mill vehicle. If you could easily defend yourself in such aircraft, you would be unstoppable and all we would end up with is gangs rolling round in kajmans robbing people trying to do apples. Don't try and tell me it wouldn't happen, I've seen it first hand. Basically the usage of a kajman is all bark with no bite. If you want to bite, use strategy, intelligence, tactics, a few AK's and a titan AA for good measure just in case and trust me when I say this; you will have so much more fun if you wipe the cops with nothing but a bunch of katibas instead of strafing the fed with a kajman. It's funny to watch but it gets old real quick and the gimmick wears off. Faster for the cops too. The APD can't respond to a gas station robbery with a wipeout, so try challenging yourselves and do a fed with just some rifles on a fair playing field and over time you'll start to notice some changes.
Firstly, the cops will actually enjoy fighting against you. If you make it a fair fight every time, they're going to enjoy coming to fight you at the fed or in kavala which means they're less likely to just not respond to you, leaving you with nothing to do.
Secondly, you'll enjoy yourselves more. Winning a one sided massacre isn't fun for anybody. You might get a kick out of it and giggle among yourselves about "dude the cops are so trash at this game, we just wipes all 10 cops with a kajman" but I know for a fact you wish you'd actually have a challenge for once, and that starts with you.

TLDR: You don't need skyfires or armed vehicles to have fun. Try it. You'll thank me.

khloe-kardashian.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbosa said:

I gotta say honestly when I'm in a war between gangs, sitting in a bush with my AK waiting for the perfect shot I get far more of a thrill than spraying an area they might be in with 24 HE rockets.

Couldn't agree more, adds more risk which just adds to the fun.

1 hour ago, Barbosa said:

Tbh I’m good with the heli having no sky fires n stuff but like at least lower the price, they took out the missiles and upped the price which in my opinion made no sense. If the Blackfoot and the helcat were both 8mil (seems like a fair price) and the kajman 10 mil, I can see them without rockets but since they’re 15 I think they should have a bit more than just 30mm he and Apsdf rounds. And the Blackfoot it’s only good for taking out other helps imo

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm wrong, but from what I've seen and heard, S1K is trying to de-militarize the server. That is a good choice in my opinion, so him taking these things out was a good choice if you ask me, and as far as vehicles being expensive. They need to be, otherwise, people continuously buy them and don't care if they blow them up. Trust me, that used to be me when donator tags got me 50% off of all vehicles.