Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Caesar

Speed Radars

Speed Radars  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the radars in Kavala are working properly?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you want the radars in Kavala removed?

• Yes
    • No

53 minutes ago, DuckHunter said:

Why would you want them removed? It adds to the role play in my opinion. Don't go speeding through square... problem solved

I agree with Duckhunter. Even though the radars are annoying cause I just don't know what it means to drive "slow" and they keep giving me tickets cause of that, they still have a good role play use. If u don't want to get tickets and pay for them just Soften your pedal foot.

I am told that the speed limit is 55 in town and 110 out of town. If the speed limit is 55 why am I getting speeding tickets if I am doing 42?  To me, it is broken.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

I am told that the speed limit is 55 in town and 110 out of town. If the speed limit is 55 why am I getting speeding tickets if I am doing 42?  To me, it is broken.

I agree I have literally gotten a ticket for going -2 and just 10 it is pretty broken

I have noticed a few times that the radars are a bit off. But yeah I agree with Duckhunter they make for some good roleplay scenarios. Usually in my experience they are off by 5 but it's arma, gravity is off by 5 sometimes.

Personally it helps with people trying to bait cops, if they keep speeding up and down they will keep getting tickets lol. They should be fixed to the actual speed limit

I don't even know how many negative km/hr tickets the Kavala square cam has given me at this point. I'll kind of be sad when the camera is actually set correctly since the broken camera has helped me rp down bounties before.

The speed radars in Kavala don't work correctly, they catch people going at 35KM/h. From what I understand, this was intentional, to slow people down through square so VDM can hopefully not happen as frequently, and just for better roleplay. If that is the case, it needs to be made public knowledge, because you are correct the speed limits are 55/110 and legally speaking, that is what they are, and all you have to follow. The laws will have to be changed to accommodate a new section with a lower speed limit, it's not a terrible idea, but they definitely don't work correctly, and depending on the APD personnel, sometimes you are forced to pay your ticket if they don't decide to drop the charges. That's an entirely different story, as it's absurd to charge someone for something that isn't against the law.

• Like 1

The cameras are weird, I've driven by over 55 but I wasn't accelerating, was just letting my vehicle "glide" by, and I don't get tickets. I've also gotten tickets under 35 if I am holding W and Shift. Seems like the speeds tend to be a bit wacky if you are accelerating. Doesn't work that way all the time.

And for the people who are going in negative KM/H (going in reverse) that is pretty much always going to ticket you from what I've seen, but I haven't really tested it, and since I'm mostly on cop, I don't see how it works, as we don't get tickets.