Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Woods

Do I need a new graphics card ?

So I have had my computer for alittle over a year and a half and I have had this reoccurring problem where one day my computer is running fine then I wake up the next day to it now wanting to display anything on the monitor. I click the power button the lights on the side start up like normal and the computer sounds fine. but nothing comes up on my monitor I took it into BestBuy once they charged me 100 bucks and they said it was fixed I didn’t ask what but my computer has ran fine since till this morning do I need a new graphics card ? (Btw I don’t know much about computers so if you do know what’s wrong with it just dumb it down) 

https://imgur.com/gallery/O70cN. <——- My specs if it helps 

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to be a GPU issue to me. I don't think the gpu would effect if your keyboard and stuff comes on too. When my old GPU gave out everything would still come on besides my monitor. I'm not computer pro tho

• Like 1

I saw a video a little while ago with an issue like this and it was the motherboard if I remember correctly -- would make sense since your keyboard and other peripherals don't light up either :D

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Woods said:

I took it into BestBuy once they charged me 100 bucks and they said it was fixed

I would take it to a actual computer place to see whats wrong, they would be able to tell you better and probably actually fix the problem.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coby said:

I would take it to a actual computer place to see whats wrong, they would be able to tell you better and probably actually fix the problem.

I am gonna go take it to a local computer store right now hopefully they have a solution 

• Like 1

I think it may be a PSU issue but I am not too sure. Unplug all external plugs (video,audio,usb stuff like that) and the power cable aswell. Hold the power button for a few seconds, then plug the power cable, monitor cable, and keyboard cable in. If that doesn't work you can try to reseat your graphics card (take out and put back in) or if your cpu has integrated graphics, take out the GPU and power it on.

Good luck,

Buddy

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Woods said:

I am gonna go take it to a local computer store right now hopefully they have a solution 

Good luck, hope they can fix it for you!

• Thanks 1

does your keyboard and mouse light up still? i see your keyboard light up in the vid then stop which is weird. maybe the GPU isnt seated in and came loose from the PCI slot. That is what happened to me and @Res helped me. 

• Thanks 1

So I took it in right now to frys and they said it could be 2 things my mother board and my gpu or both. so I am gonna Buy some new parts and try to change them myself does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do it or should I just pay for someone who knows what they are doing to fix it?

Edited by Woods

Have you tried pressing "ctrl+alt+delete" while it's in this "hibernated" state?
My old cpu would do this and pressing that key combo would make it boot into a "previous session restored mode" all my progs would be open that were open before i left it over night.

Hope it works <3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, s1k said:

Have you tried pressing "ctrl+alt+delete" while it's in this "hibernated" state?
My old cpu would do this and pressing that key combo would make it boot into a "previous session restored mode" all my progs would be open that were open before i left it over night before.

Hope it works <3.

I already gave it up to the local store I wish I would have thought of that before thanks tho 

On 12/20/2017 at 4:43 PM, Hancock said:

Still waiting on the new episode. Any idea when you will be done with it?

I am just editing it i was gonna finish today but turns out i still need to work on it a little more like and subscribe if you want a shutout and support my patron don't forget to buy the woods merch  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Woods said:

I am just editing it i was gonna finish today but turns out i still need to work on it a little more like and subscribe if you want a shutout and support my patron don't forget to buy the woods merch  

NO WAY, sounds good woods. #treebarkgang

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you are having issues with any power going to your perfs like your keyboard and such, and no image on the monitor, it's probably a bad motherboard not posting. 

as a result, there's no circuit being closed on any of your USB connections since the logic pathways aren't active. IE No power. 

That's just my 2 cents tho. I've had the same issue before.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mike Berg said:

If you are having issues with any power going to your perfs like your keyboard and such, and no image on the monitor, it's probably a bad motherboard not posting. 

as a result, there's no circuit being closed on any of your USB connections since the logic pathways aren't active. IE No power. 

That's just my 2 cents tho. I've had the same issue before.

The IT guys said it would be ready today so when i picked it up i was super excited i brought it home to my surprise it still didn't work wouldn't even turn on so i took it back and they are planning to fix it without charge now they believe it is something called a "riser" or the little connector that connects the mother board to the GPU so they are gonna have to order the parts but because its holiday season they say it should take a week just for the parts to come in hopefully i get it back sooner. 

Hey dude, feel free to PM me if you want to troubleshoot through this issue some time. It's fairly simple to narrow down if you've got an hour or so on your hands and want to meet up on teamspeak and talk through it.  Hands on experience is the best way to learn, while of course not voiding any warranties.

Later!

bless

Depends on how confident in opening up the rig you are but I would try the following before dropping money: 1) remove GPU, plug monitor directly into motherboard then boot. Hopefully, that works or it will at least help narrow the search. 2) Remove your psu cable from the rig and push it back in, then turn on the computer. 3) Open the rig and make sure you ground yourself. look for anything obvious like wires out of place, 4) With your rig open to find the 24pin connector that powers the MoBo and press both sides to make sure it has total contact. If these things don't work it could be a fault in your CPU, maybe from heat. I once had a cpu with sup-par thermal paste on it and it would auto-shutdown because of too much heat. If none of these things work, build a Viking funeral barge and say a prayer to the Computer Gods.

I know this is probably not the reason why the display isn't working, but just try it.

I have the exact same Asus Monitor and you need to make sure you power it off, so the yellow LED doesn't come on, and turn on your PC, and then turn on the display.

Also, did you try turning it off and on again?

Sorry I had too