• Announcements

• s1k

IMPORTANT! - The Rules Have Been Further Adjusted And Simplified!   01/18/2018

We have decided to massively slim down the rules and make them easier to understand for all. We also have now added "gang initiation" to the server so players can be more easily included without confusion. If you have any questions you can ask a staff member in teamspeak. For more information and to see the updated rules you can find them in their usual location https://c8gaming.com/forums/topic/9-altis-life-server-rules/
    Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Polar

SPMGs and Navids

DuckHunter

This is not a complaint thread for the APD. Any complaints should be sent directly to me or other members of APD Command. If you have commentary to add in relation to the topic at hand, feel free to continue to post.

Thank you all and have a wonderful day.

Message added by DuckHunter

Just wanted to bring this discussion up since nobody really wants to talk about it on the forums. Back in May  there was a patch that removed DAGR's, the point  https://c8gaming.com/forums/topic/4439-51917-jets-dlc-patch/

"players have a huge advantage when they have access to lock on missiles, whether they have skill or not they are almost guaranteed a win against most types of vehicles for a myriad of reasons. We'd like it if players couldn't fly by, lock on, fire, and fly away before the victim knows any better. Without homing missiles players need to have a skilled gunner or even be skilled at shooting themselves in some situations."

Key points

1."Huge Advantage"

2. "Without homing missiles players need to have a skilled gunner"

3. "whether they have skill or not they are almost guaranteed a win against most types of vehicles"

I feel like those points apply to both weapons. They are extremely overpowered, cost only 190-200k and are a 1 shot kill for nearly every part of the body on the player.

This might seem like i'm salty by getting shot by Navids & SPMGs all the time, but i think these are some valid points to bring up

Some things i think that would improve are

Benefits of removal

1. Fairer Fights (Ex. Cops don't have to worry about just getting 1 tapped in any situation)

2. People would actually need skill to fight 

Most likely more, but i just cant think of any at this certain moment. So i want to hear the communities opinions on these weapons. Enjoy ur day - Polar

Edited by Polar
  • Like 6

I feel that they should not remove them completely, maybe they should "ban" them from certain activities like CDC and FED.    

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Polar said:

Just wanted to bring this discussion up since nobody really wants to talk about it on the forums. Back in May  there was a patch that removed DAGR's, the point  https://c8gaming.com/forums/topic/4439-51917-jets-dlc-patch/

"players have a huge advantage when they have access to lock on missiles, whether they have skill or not they are almost guaranteed a win against most types of vehicles for a myriad of reasons. We'd like it if players couldn't fly by, lock on, fire, and fly away before the victim knows any better. Without homing missiles players need to have a skilled gunner or even be skilled at shooting themselves in some situations."

Key points

1."Huge Advantage"

3. "whether they have skill or not they are almost guaranteed a win against most types of vehicles"

I feel like those points apply to both weapons. They are extremely overpowered, cost only 190-200k and are a 1 shot kill for nearly every part of the body on the player.

This might seem like i'm salty by getting shot by Navids & SPMGs all the time, but i think these are some valid points to bring up

Benefits of removal

1. Fairer Fights (Ex. Cops don't have to worry about just getting 1 tapped in any situation)

Most likely more, but i just cant think of any at this certain moment. So i want to hear the communities opinions on these weapons. Enjoy ur day - Polar

I agree, however it would be very hard to remove them totally from the server. Also, a huge part of SWAT on the APD is using large weapons like the SPMG and Navid. The SOPs and weapons ranking  would also probably have to  change. May be more work than it's worth.

10 minutes ago, Kodiak ツ said:

I agree, however it would be very hard to remove them totally from the server. Also, a huge part of SWAT on the APD is using large weapons like the SPMG and Navid. The SOPs and weapons ranking  would also probably have to  change. May be more work than it's worth.

As far as i know normal APD officers cant grab a cyrus or any large caliber sniper rifle. There are still plenty of purposes for SWAT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polar said:

or even be skilled at shooting themselves

I feel like this is another key point to add to your list. You don't need skill to use these weapons.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaster said:

I feel like this is another key point to add to your list. You don't need skill to use these weapons.

yeah, i forgot to add that.

1 hour ago, Polar said:

Key points

1."Huge Advantage"

Benefits of removal

They should either added more to the vehicles or just remove it completely its a big waste to have jets at half maybe less firepower just to have them seized or blown up. I dont think they should leave it at 50% like it is now leaving the apd at an advantage also with unlimited resources. I think it would be interesting if @s1k brought back everything from the old days considering thats why most vets joined the server in the first place. So my opinion is I dont care what happens as long as something happens.

+1 on removing navids and spmgs completely from the server and only be able to get them from like airdrops n shiz. And for the cop situation with swat, lower the amount of swat in the Apd, i remember when swat used to be only 7 people on the whole Apd roster and now you will have 7+ people on as swat in some situations.

Edited by Monkey Wang
  • Like 2

Anyone and everyone has access to these weapons so I really don't see how its unfair. The APD rolls around with navids and Lynx APDS during feds and as SWAT so they are also on equal footing. I just don't see a reason to remove them other than salt. If anything you should remove all launchers by that same logic. Its all lock-on and requires no skill plus they cant be dodged.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kodiak ツ said:

The APD will adapt to the Server the level of work is not really a concern in my opinion and if it needs to get done it will, you don't need to worry about us. :) As well for all the people worried about SWAT using these weapons, you guys shouldn't sweat it as a factor of whether or not to remove the weapons. Our SWAT Guidelines have it built so we use them adjust to your actions in the Firefight so if you aren't using them we probably aren't either. From my understanding if a majority of the server wants something it has a good chance of happening so you guys just decide on what you would like and we'll see where it goes from their. Me personally I could go for either side.:S

Edited by Burrito
  • Like 2

From past experiences ive just been swarmed by cops with navids and spmgs, when i simply have mk1's. I think its really annoying how it costs nearly nothing and they have lots more resources than rebels. Not sure if other rebels used them during the feds but i doubt the cops just see the navids and pull them. So im not so sure about the whole "You use it we use it" argument. But thankyou for your opinion.

53 minutes ago, Burrito said:

The APD will adapt to the Server the level of work is not really a concern in my opinion and if it needs to get done it will, you don't need to worry about us. :) As well for all the people worried about SWAT using these weapons, you guys shouldn't sweat it as a factor of whether or not to remove the weapons. Our SWAT Guidelines have it built so we use them adjust to your actions in the Firefight so if you aren't using them we probably aren't either. From my understanding if a majority of the server wants something it has a good chance of happening so you guys just decide on what you would like and we'll see where it goes from their. Me personally I could go for either side.:S

I am over simplifying it so I don't make everyone's lifes harder and I realize that this will not always be the case, it was more of a generalization.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

Anyone and everyone has access to these weapons so I really don't see how its unfair. The APD rolls around with navids and Lynx APDS during feds and as SWAT so they are also on equal footing. I just don't see a reason to remove them other than salt. If anything you should remove all launchers by that same logic. Its all lock-on and requires no skill plus they cant be dodged.

If they did that it would pretty much make Armed helicopters extremely overpowered. This post wasn't made just out of pure salt as i stated before, i was never salty before when DBB would use a bunch of Armed Vehicles. This is more about fair fights and what not, over salt.

A. Take them out of all airdrops and make them like 300k at arms (like nobody buys navids/spmgs lets be real, its always from airdrops.)

OR

B. Make only 1-2 max spawn in an airdrop, but make it rare for them to spawn at all, and make them unbuyable.

ez

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beatsy said:

A. Take them out of all airdrops and make them like 300k at arms (like nobody buys navids/spmgs lets be real, its always from airdrops.)

OR

B. Make only 1-2 max spawn in an airdrop, but make it rare for them to spawn at all, and make them unbuyable.

ez

+1 would like that

6 hours ago, Keith Fritz said:

They should either added more to the vehicles or just remove it completely its a big waste to have jets at half maybe less firepower just to have them seized or blown up. I dont think they should leave it at 50% like it is now leaving the apd at an advantage also with unlimited resources. I think it would be interesting if @s1k brought back everything from the old days considering thats why most vets joined the server in the first place. So my opinion is I dont care what happens as long as something happens.

Coming from basically the only one on the server that pulls and uses jets on rebel, the only jet actually worth it is the Neophron because it can actually do damage with its cannon and the price is reasonable (15 mill). The Buzzard is useless for CAS unless your a pro but good for shooting down air vehicles, the wipeout is retardedly  over priced considering how easily you could lose it and I'm not even going to bring up how useless fighter jets are over all if you know anything about jets you will know that 25 mil for 250 20mm rounds that aren't even high explosive is a pathetic joke you literally can't do anything with that, fighter jets are just for fun flying if your rich.

1 hour ago, Kyle Nolan said:

I feel that the SPMG and Navid gotta go unless we get our old stuff back.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Understandable, but cops will just close quarter lynx and its just as powerful. Right when they cant take out dudes with mk1s theyll grab them lynx's and spam 5 bullets per person. And i dont want nobody coming up in here about how it doesnt happen, leave the bullshit for somewhere else. For that reason -1

When cops say " adjust to your actions " lol pawnee vs mk1s soooooo necesaaaary like to be honest not to be fake.

its not like they spam mk1s in kavala vs vermins eggsd.

Edited by Skrrtskrrt