Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • s1k

      IMPORTANT! - The Rules Have Been Further Adjusted And Simplified!   01/18/2018

      We have decided to massively slim down the rules and make them easier to understand for all. We also have now added "gang initiation" to the server so players can be more easily included without confusion. If you have any questions you can ask a staff member in teamspeak. For more information and to see the updated rules you can find them in their usual location https://c8gaming.com/forums/topic/9-altis-life-server-rules/
    Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Björn

HELP! Windows 10 keeps freezing

Recommended Posts

Over the past week I have been having an issue with my PC where it will just freeze for no reason and will not respond to ANYTHING. The only way for me to get the computer to respond is by flipping the power switch which i fear is bad for it in the long term. If you know anything about this please help me. Thank you in advance.7qB85QZ.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Björn said:

Over the past week I have been having an issue with my PC where it will just freeze for no reason and will not respond to ANYTHING. The only way for me to get the computer to respond is by flipping the power switch which i fear is bad for it in the long term. If you know anything about this please help me. Thank you in advance.7qB85QZ.jpg

Problem - you're on Windows 10.
Solution - go back to Windows 7.

- In all seriousness, verify windows files by opening up your cmd console and typing - sfc /scannow -  this will make sure windows files aren't missing or corrupt.
- Your ram could be failing, even a hard disk - i would test each piece of hardware with software - You can type in the search bar of windows "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and run that to test your ram.
- You also use chkdsk to check your harddrive for errors. Open win explorer right click properties on your hard drive in question click on / tools / check / scan drive, when its done restart cpu.

If you have installed any weird or new drivers this could be the issue, maybe a tablet/stylus driver for drawing, or a new antivirus, or maybe a new keyboard / mouse from a "newer" company like corsair, steelseries, etc. Alot of these companies have shoddy drivers in comparison to logitech / razer and with a simple google search you can read the horror stories.

You may have outdated drivers, or a driver could be crashing and restarting over and over eventually causing system instability. you can log drivers as they launch on your cpu by going to run, typing msconfig - and enabling bootlogging. Then you can go to your c:/windows/ folder and find the ntbootlog.txt and see if any drivers keep trying to load and are failing.
MLUoCte.png

Anyways, remedying this problem is like going to a doctor and saying "i dont feel well" its hard to help with such little info as to what could actually be wrong, it would be better if we knew what was ailing ya, we'd be able to fix it better for you. <3.

Hopefully one of these tests will reveal the issue and we can go from there. good luck bud!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the help S1K. There seems to be multiple things that are not loading but i do have a couple of drivers that need to be updated so i am not sure if that could be the issue.

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rzpmgrk.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rzpnk.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgntflt.sys

I'm going to take a little time to look up what these system files are part of to see what needs to be updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Björn said:

Thanks for the help S1K. There seems to be multiple things that are not loading but i do have a couple of drivers that need to be updated so i am not sure if that could be the issue.

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rzpmgrk.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rzpnk.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgntflt.sys

I'm going to take a little time to look up what these system files are part of to see what needs to be updated.

From just reading this, it looks like your direct X isnt loading properly (graphics related) and you have a razer overlay driver that isnt loading properly, along with that you have avg which their drivers are iffy at best.
What i would do?
- uninstall the razer(overlay) driver (cant uninstall??, disable the overlay at least)
- then the nvidia driver,
- and then avg,
- then update direct x from microsoft (just incase)
- reinstall nvidia driver - see if the problem still exists, if not
- install your razer driver, see if the problem exists, if not -
- reinstall avg.

<3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, s1k said:

From just reading this, it looks like your direct X isnt loading properly (graphics related) and you have a razer overlay driver that isnt loading properly, along with that you have avg which their drivers are iffy at best.
What i would do?
- uninstall the razer(overlay) driver (cant uninstall??, disable the overlay at least)
- then the nvidia driver,
- and then avg,
- then update direct x from microsoft (just incase)
- reinstall nvidia driver - see if the problem still exists, if not
- install your razer driver, see if the problem exists, if not -
- reinstall avg.

<3

Avg...hmm that weird. I got rid of that over a year ago and replaced it with Avira. I'll have to do some digging to get it all out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 9:48 PM, s1k said:

From just reading this, it looks like your direct X isnt loading properly (graphics related) and you have a razer overlay driver that isnt loading properly, along with that you have avg which their drivers are iffy at best.
What i would do?
- uninstall the razer(overlay) driver (cant uninstall??, disable the overlay at least)
- then the nvidia driver,
- and then avg,
- then update direct x from microsoft (just incase)
- reinstall nvidia driver - see if the problem still exists, if not
- install your razer driver, see if the problem exists, if not -
- reinstall avg.

<3

Would you be able to send me a link to the Directx update? I cant seem to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the update from the link, When I went to run it I received this error. I also noticed that this is directx 9 and i run directx 12. Any thoughts?

gv0xaSL.jpg

Edited by Björn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Björn said:

gv0xaSL.jpg                                  I downloaded the update from the link, When I went to run it I received this error. I also noticed that this is directx 9 and i run directx 12. Any thoughts?

run as admin?, if not you might need to take ownership privileges of the folder with the file in it, welcome to windows 10 where everything is a nightmare. <3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, s1k said:

run as admin?, if not you might need to take ownership privileges of the folder with the file init, welcome to windows 10 where everything is a nightmare. <3.

what about it being directx 9?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Björn said:

what about it being directx 9?

 

you need that as a base for all games /apps. It's quite misleading
TBH you can just skip this step as it's not worth the trouble windows 10 is causing you.
"Hi this is windows 10, we're going to make everything easier, i mean more difficult, i mean easier" - lol.
I use win10 and win7 everyday, win7 is so much better <3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, s1k said:

you need that as a base for all games /apps. It's quite misleading

so will it auto-update back to DX12?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×