• Announcements

• s1k

IMPORTANT! - The Rules Have Been Further Adjusted And Simplified!   01/18/2018

We have decided to massively slim down the rules and make them easier to understand for all. We also have now added "gang initiation" to the server so players can be more easily included without confusion. If you have any questions you can ask a staff member in teamspeak. For more information and to see the updated rules you can find them in their usual location https://c8gaming.com/forums/topic/9-altis-life-server-rules/
    Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
Sign in to follow this  
Final

PC Lag Spikes, Choppy Audio, CPU Utilization at 0%

Can someone help me
  • My PC, no matter what I am doing (Playing Arma 3, Watching Youtube, Browsing Internet), every 5 mins (not joking) seems to go through these lag spikes, where CPU Utilization drops to 0% and the sound gets distorted and choppy
  • In Arma 3, when this happens, I get a kick saying Battleeye not responding
  • This happens in other games, such as fortnite where I get kicked to the menu
  • I ran my pc with multiple virus check's nothing seems to be out of order, and I don't use a overclocked CPU etc...
    Specs: i7-7770k 3.2gz with AMD Raedon 5

Try checking your processes and performance tabs in task manager and see if anything is using the majority of your cpu

14 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Try checking your processes and performance tabs in task manager and see if anything is using the majority of your cpu

Nope, Its actually at 0%, System does get a little high, but thats normal.

11 hours ago, Final said:

Can someone help me
  • My PC, no matter what I am doing (Playing Arma 3, Watching Youtube, Browsing Internet), every 5 mins (not joking) seems to go through these lag spikes, where CPU Utilization drops to 0% and the sound gets distorted and choppy
  • In Arma 3, when this happens, I get a kick saying Battleeye not responding
  • This happens in other games, such as fortnite where I get kicked to the menu
  • I ran my pc with multiple virus check's nothing seems to be out of order, and I don't use a overclocked CPU etc...
    Specs: i7-7770k 3.2gz with AMD Raedon 5

There are so many different things it could be to be honest.
- It "could be" the power supply as others have mentioned but that would be a more constant issue and could be easily tested by running your cpu under max load with a stressful benchmark - you could also rule out temp issues with benchmarking as well.
- I know it sounds silly but verify windows files by opening up your cmd console and typing - sfc /scannow -  this will make sure windows files aren't missing or corrupt.
- A RAM stick could be failing, even a hard disk - i would test each piece of hardware with software - You can type in the search bar of windows "Windows Memory Diagnostic" and run that to test your ram.
- You also use chkdsk to check your harddrive for errors. Open win explorer right click properties on your hard drive in question click on / tools / check / scan drive, when its done restart cpu.
- It could be a driver trying to start and crashing another driver/drivers, does your net drop for a split second and return? maybe enable boot logging and see if something janky is going on driver wise. You can log drivers as they launch on your cpu by going to run, typing msconfig - and enabling bootlogging. Then you can go to your c:/windows/ folder and find the ntbootlog.txt and see if any drivers keep trying to load and are failing.
MLUoCte.png

Hope it helps bud, unknown computer issues are the worst. <3.